IE 1 http request per domain/ip

jaymc

I have had a problem with IE since time begun where as if I click to download a file from a page, while its downloading I cant load any other pages until the download has finished

This is not an issue in firefox as firefox allows for multiple http connections

This can be overcome in IE via a registry change, but, obviously not going to ask X amount of users to do that

The way around it is having subdomains located on other IP address. So, for file downloads I use file.site.com

Its getting beyond a joke now with all the subdomains and ip address, how can I stop this!

Hope someone can help, its rather pathetic on IE's part

I have no clue what's going on with your IE, but mine does not behave that way at all...

If I'm downloading something using IE, I can surf other sites just fine. I can add another download, so 2 going, and still able to surf. IE is locked at 2 simultaneous downloads, which can be unlocked through a registry hack.

I don't know why you can't load any other pages while downloading 1 file. That isn't right.. I have never seen this behavior on ANY computer I have ever used.

Only thing I can think of is... if your internet connection is too slow, new websites might 'time out' if you're downloading.

PhREEEk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.