IMAP_open

Captain_Pugwash

Hi Guys

I really need your help ( well we all say that don't we) but what i am basically trying to do is to create a class which will open an email inbox, and read the contents. I used the imap_open() function ( obviously with parameters) and all I get is

Warning: Couldn't open stream

I have tried shed loads of combinations and nothing makes a jot of difference. To help I have attached routines which will read

imap_alerts ()

imap_last_error()

imap_errors()

None produce any results implying there are no alerts or errors as a rsult of not being able to open the stream. I have also tried various combination of tls and notls all to no avail.

I have tried telnetting to the mail server without success which leads me to suspect a  firewall or network problem. The difficulty is the guys in networking as you would expect claim all is fine and dandy, without additional info I cannot counter their argument. I have noted from previous posts this has been a contentious issue in the past, but no-one seems to have posted any solutions. So come guys, someone must have an answer somewhere It would be really, really helpful if you could share this.

Thanks to all who contribute tot his topic

CP

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.