Automatically Upload a MySql Tabel Nightly

rscott7706

I have searched extensively for any existing post along these line and cannot find any that address my need.

I have a non-profit group that wants to upload water quality testing stats on a nightly basis to the web server database.

Currently, the info is sampled by sensors in a pond, then transmitted to their local server (probably Windows type).

They then want the info converted to MySql, then automatically get transported in the the web server database on a nightly basis.

Now, all the up font stuff is no problem, but I have not gotten in to CRON jobs yet, and wonder if a php routine can be built that would upload the MySql table automatically every night.

I have seen them for just the opposite (downloading table info), but not uploading.

Can anyone help with direction on this?

Would it be a fairly simple php routine?

8)

To Foser,

"If you tell us more about the web server, and then I could maybe tell you ways to catch it with php then put into mysql queries."

Here you go,

SERVER INFORMATION:

operating system

FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE

mysql version

mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.27

perl version

perl, v5.8.3

php version

PHP 4.4.1

================================

To axiom82:

I apologize, but don't understand your suggestion.  In my feeble mind, it would be better to upload the entire file (they are fairly small, 400k now).  Am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

I would think the cleanest, most simple way would be:

1. through my own work, I would assure there is a MySql file sitting on their internal server ready to go each night

2. We would have a PHP routine (again on their server) that fires and uploads the MySql file to the Web server at a certain time in the early morning hours (2 or 3 am).

Am I looking at this wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.