php / shoutcast question

wolfyman

I'm using php pages for my html site. I have no problem donating to your station or your beer fund or whatever if you can help me get my problem sorted!

I'm using SAM on a dedicated windows server. Shoutcast is running from that server as well.

Then, on my dedicated linux server, I am using vbulletin for my forum and the pages are php output.

To go into a little more detail - I have a flash chatroom that is only open from 8-midnight. I would like to open a link to it when the live DJs are on, so people can hop in chat and discuss the show.

With that in mind, I'm hoping to come up with a way to php check the stream for keywords like "LIVE DJ NOW" and then echo a link to the chatroom. If the words are not present in the stream, the link is not present on the php page.

If there's a better way to accomplish this, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.