Uploading video converting to .flv

graham23s

Hi GUys,

i'v been reading up on this lately, uploading a video and having freeware software do the conversion to .flv seems to be the way to go, can i upload the software to my server and let the script do it's stuff, or does the software need installed before it will work, any tutorials on this would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction.

thanks guys

Graham

Just thought of a sly way...

You say that the uploaded content needs to be checked for valid content (there has just been an article on c4 news about facebook content removal), so all content is uploaded to some dir, then every 24hrs you dl, convert and re-upload. This could actually be automated with scripts using something like ncftp (not sure if there's a win ver though)

you can do that, or get a local server set up that will handle it.  Just make your own unix server running apache with the ffmpeg installed and then simply every 8 hours run the script on your local that gets the data from the remote.  I have done a simliar process before with the geoIP as I had it only on a single server, but could take advantage of it by using crontab

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.