Resize large image

satal keto

Hello I am trying to get some code which will resize images which are uploaded to my website using a form.

The code I am using to resize the images atm is

function createThumbnail($imageDirectory, $imageName, $thumbDirectory, $thumbHeight)
{
$srcImg = imagecreatefromjpeg("$imageDirectory/$imageName");
$origWidth = imagesx($srcImg);
$origHeight = imagesy($srcImg);

$ratio = $origHeight / $thumbHeight;
$thumbWidth = $origWidth / $ratio;
$dst_img=ImageCreateTrueColor($thumbWidth,$thumbHeight);
#imagecopyresampled($dst_img,$srcImg,0,0,0,0,$thumbWidth,$thumbHeight,$origWidth,$origHeight);
imagecopyresized($dst_img,$srcImg,0,0,0,0,$thumbWidth,$thumbHeight,$origWidth,$origHeight);
imagejpeg($dst_img,$thumbDirectory . "/" . $imageName);
imagedestroy($dst_img);
}

The problem is when ever I try to run this code it is saying...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3264 bytes) in K:\WOS Stuff\www\sb\adminPhotos.php on line 5
where line 5 is

I was wondering whether anyone had any idea's of some how that I would be able to resize the images without causing this error?

Change

to

$srcImg = imagecreatefromjpeg("YOUR_PATH/".$imageName);

But replace YOUR_PATH with your direct path. Because there could be an error with the $imagedirectory variable.

Just a thought

Well it could also be that your script grabs just over the 8MB default memory limit of PHP. (although i think php5 has a default limit of 300mb).

What version of php are you running?

Run phpinfo() and check your version, also check your memory limit. You can edit memory_limit in your php.ini file to fix this, or you could edit your .htaccess file and add this line:

php_value memory_limit 24M for a quick fix, if thats the problem

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.