Basic onclick html form

Drissical

I have a site that has you search for items in a database and then shows you a list, the list is generated in a table and on each row is 1 item and 1 button. The entire table is put in a form tag and then there is a hidden input right above the table. Each row is generated based on how many things you find.

Right now this is how it is all setup on there. Dont mind my mess o.0. also the page is PHP.

This gets hit after hitting submit on the search.

if (isset($_POST['search_sub'])){
if ($_POST['search_sub'] == "Search"){
echo "<form method=post><input id=\"hiddenresultselect\" type=hidden value=\"\" name=result_to_add>";
echo "<table width=100%>";
while($sr=mysql_fetch_array($sqls)){
echo "<tr>
		<td>{$sr['title']}</td>
		<td width=30>
				<input OnClick=\"insertresult({$sr['id']})\" type=submit name=result_add value=\" + \">
		</td>
	</tr>";

}
echo "</table>";
echo "</form>";
}
}

the java function

function insertresult(resultid){
hiddenresultselect.value = resultid
}

and this is the PHP that puts what you picked in to a session

if (isset($_POST['result_add'])){
array_push($_SESSION['sescon'],$_POST['result_to_add']);
} 

The problem im having is that in firefox when i hit that " + " button it sends the id in to the session and i can see it in the middle in IE it does not and on the lower left corner i can see a warning flash. Firefox is changing the value of the hidden item and IE is like ?? when you hit the submit.

For what its worth using Apache 2 mySQL 5.0.45 and PHP 5.2.4.

I want to know what is it that im doing that IE does not like, there may be something i need to adjust all together to make it play nice but im not seeing anything. My Java is about a week old btw.

not quit sure what you are trying to do, but this may help - try it and see if it works the way you want it to:

<?php

if (isset($_POST['result_add'])){
array_push($_SESSION['sescon'],$_POST['result_to_add']);
} 

?>

<script lanaguage="javascript">
function insertresult(resultid){
document.myForm.result_to_add.value = resultid
}
</script>

</head><body>

<?php

if (isset($_POST['search_sub'])){
if ($_POST['search_sub'] == "Search"){
echo "<form name="myForm" method=post><input id=\"hiddenresultselect\" type=hidden value=\"\" name=result_to_add>";
echo "<table width=100%>";
while($sr=mysql_fetch_array($sqls)){
echo "<tr>
		<td>{$sr['title']}</td>
		<td width=30>
				<input OnClick=\"insertresult({$sr['id']})\" type=submit name=result_add value=\" + \">
		</td>
	</tr>";

}
echo "</table>";
echo "</form>";
}
}

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.