[SOLVED] i want to make a PM system

mybluehair

i figure it would be pretty easy to make a private message system seeing as i already have a member system but i want to make a feature were useres can enter in a message and send it to a certain person. when that certain person gets the PM, if they have not read it, there should be a little thing at the top that sayes "you have a new PM" i was thinking that it would consist of maybe 3 pages. a file for the html form, then a file to insert that into mysql, and then i bit at the top of every page checking to see if you have a new PM. oh, and then ofcourse a file for the intened person to veiw the message grabed from mysql. so can someone help me along? my users are stored in a mysql table called users, and the feilds of that (in order) are:

id, Username, Password, Name, Email, Date, IP, Actkey, Activated, rank

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.