TID and TDY - Why are there no search results on Google to explain?

randalusa

One is in the code (located on some of the page files) of the site I took over a couple years ago. The other is in the url after logging in.

It SEEMS rather obvious that one or both might be a substitute for SID or possible a term used for file, such as fileId=01005.

Yet searching Google for help defining either of the terms results in nothing except for pages that include TID in the page address.

1. Why do I see TID in page addresses in the Google results, yet no explanation for what it means?

2. And what DOES it mean?

3. TDY, shown in the address window on MY site has zero results in Google. No one is talking about these terms.

Live examples:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=10115

http://www.meetchristians.com/php/user_tools.php?tdy=5602hhc70pgycuenqug8

The first is a random Google result.

The second is after logging into my site. It looks like a session ID that has fewer than the normal quantity of numbers. Perhaps the programmer somewhere defined tdy as a variable with a definition?

Come to think of it, TID in the case of my site could stand for 'thread id'. I'll go search AGAIN to see if it is defined perhaps in an include.

Anyone got a clue?

For stuff like this you can define what you want, I use 'page' to run through mod_rewrite, generally it's a good idea to keep it descriptive of what it's for. In your instance, as you say 'TID' could be referring to the id of the thread that the page will display...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.