Problem with email on different mail servers

garrisonian14

I am sending an email using php. This email message is in an html template (as newsletter emails are sent). All the styles (CSS) used are written inline. There are also some images used in html to set as background. The behaviour of this html, styles and images is different on gmail,yahoo and hotmail. I have been trying to fix this problem since last two weeks.

Now it is enough. My  boss is fed up with it. Please help me. Is there any special way to handle template for email to behave it in right way on all email servers.

Kindly help me.

Waiting for your help.

Ali.

all emailing clients handle mail differently yahoo,hotmail,gmail modify your email so it cannnot tamper with their site, are you using any tags which would be overriden, I would suggest view the source code in hotmail pr yahoo and see what has changed from the original email you will find the problem

i have checked source for yahoo, gmail, and hotmail

Yahoo: overrides the styles

Hotmail : Shows the styles in source as we have written (that's why at the moment our email is fine in hotmail)

gmail: Does'nt show our html in the sourcel.

What should i do now ?

you cannot have <style> tags make them all inline style as in <p style=".."> an an example otherwise they will override your style sheet since it can effect the display in yahoo.. I think yahoo make them <xstyle> not too sure been a long time since I was in emailing stuff

brother, i am already using inline styles. like  <td style="...."> or <table style = "....">

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.