[SOLVED] Trying to pass form information

steve m

Hello,

I have a question on how to pass information from a form.  I am building a simple order form for this site.  I am not using a database because the person that this is for doesn't want to use a database.  On the form I built a function to display the different type of products taken from the array.  Each product has a Qty box and when I loop the array I put a counter in it so I can name the Qty, type, and price fields.  Example: qty0, type0, price0 - qty1 etc...

<?php
function ListDonuts()
{

$flavors = array(Glazed => "0.76", 
					 Chocolate => "0.80", 
					 White . " " . Sprinkles => "1.20", 
					 Chocolate . " " . Sprinkles => "1.25", 
					 Red . " " . Velvet => "2.00",
					 Peanutbutter . " " . Chocolate => "2.50");

$item_count = count($flavors);
		echo $item_count;
		$i = 1;
		$j = 0;
		$columns = 2;

foreach($flavors as $type => $price)
			{

if($i == $columns)
				{
					$class = "class='form-colb'";

$i = 1;
				}
				else
				{
					$class = "class='form-cola'";

$i++;
				}

$showTypes .= "<div $class>
								<p class='dis-donut-list'>
									<input class='input-box' type='textbox' name='qty$j' value='$qty' size='1' />
									<input type='hidden' name='type$j' value='$type' />
									<input type='hidden' name='price$j' value='$price' />
									<input type='hidden' name='item_count' value='$item_count' />										
									$type -- $$price
								</p>
							   </div>\n";
				$j++;
			}

return $showTypes;
}
?>

All this is fine until I submit the form.  I want to be able to only select the product items that have a quantity in the qty field.  This is where I am coming up blank.  I've tried making the "qty" field an array (qty[]) (this is not in the above function)and then doing a foreach loop to pull the information, but I don't know how to pass the "type" and "price" values to the qty[] array to display it on the confirmation page or to save it to a CSV file.  So that is why I came up with the above function.  I thought I could just name the those fields with the counter and get the info that way, but I want to efficient about that and not have a lot of IF statements depending on how many items are in the array, because that number can change.  Would any body be able to help me with this problem?  Am I making this harder than it really is?  I am totally having a brain freeze!

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.