mysqli_stmt_bind_param help - please

danlatario

Hi All,

I been stuck on a problem for a bit now and cant really find an answer so I hope someone knows here.

I have the following code:

function db_query_prepare($dbh, $sql, $args) {

$dbst = mysqli_prepare($dbh, $sql);

if(!$dbst) {return 0;}

foreach($args as $arg) {

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($dbst, "i", $arg);

}

mysqli_stmt_execute($dbst);

mysqli_stmt_store_result($dbst);

return $dbst;

}

$result = db_query_prepare($db, "SELECT firstname FROM profile WHERE profileID = ? AND statusID = ? LIMIT 1", array(55, 3)); 

the above was taken from the book: php cookbook2

(For now assume all values are integers)

I have code very similar to the that above, my question is simple, is this code correct? I can get the code to work with a single ? (placeholder), but it throws a "Number of variables doesn't match number of parameters in prepared statement in .." warning/error, I know there is a form of the function that is as follows:

mysqli_stmt_bind_param($dbst, 'ii', 55, 54 ) 

But my problem is I may not know the parameters in advance so I just want to pass db_query_prepare the sql and needed values in an array? looking at the above code taken from the book implies that it indeed can be done, but I just get the same error, I have also tried implode, to return a string 1,2,3 etc, but still I get the above error?

I have done a bit of searching, and there are reported bugs giving the same error, but I have upgraded libraries as suggested but still to no avail?

MySqli details:

Client version: 50045

Server version: 50041

The only solution I have found is to build a string and execute it using eval!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.