Image gallery help

VHPirie

A few months back I came across something on here, a topic someone started asking for help with an image gallery. I can't seem to find it so thought I might see if anyone knows how to do wat I'm looking for.

I think javascript might of been used as well.

What I need to do is show some thumbnails on a page, then once clicked it shows the bigger picture above the thumbnails. Somehow javascript was used so the page didn't have to reload for every picture, but instead the picture on the page just changed.

Here's something similar:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/css-image-gallery/

On there you just mouseover the image and it displays, then goes away when u move off the image, but I want the image to dsplay once the thumbnail is clicked, then change to the new picture when another thumbnail is clicked.

One more thing, how would I get a script to get the URL for every picture in a directory? So then I can make the script display new uploaded pictures as soon as they are uploaded into the directory.

I'm sry if that doesn't make sense, but just thought I would ask. I've been looking for a few hours, and still looking now, just thought I may as well ask on here as well incase someone knows.

Cheers,

Danny

Well after I got all this working, it's not very effective when there is about 100 thumbnails (I have 4 in a row) and when ya get near the bottom ya click on a picture and have to scroll up to see it.

I had a look at that link again which BenInBlack posted and the greek dancer window I think is wat I need. But there's a problem, I wouldn't have a clue how to decypher all that to get wat I need haha.

Does anyone how to have a picture popup and have the box follow the top of the screen, so when u scroll down it comes down as well? Basically exactly like the greek dancer thing in BenInBlack's link. I'll have another play 2night and see if I can work sumfin out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.