pre populated php form from database problem

philthyhoops

so I want to populate a form from my database, edit it and then submit it back to a different table.

I am using a while loop to display every row entry in the database as a form field.

now when I try to add the submit button it adds one after each form field (row from the db)

(I would also like to add a form field at the top that doesnt COME from the database but will be passed to it from the form)

I figure that its just a problem with placement but I learn to program from google and Ive been googling all day and getting no where!

let me know if you need to see the code. I hope someone can help.

yeah I crapped up all the code madly cutting and pasting the stupid button all over the place.

Im going to try to put the button after, I had been trying to jam it in before the while thing.

thanks for the quick response. If that doesn't work I GUESS I can lift up my skirt and show you my code.

emily

This is how I do tabular updating, if you want I can show u the updating page

<?php
$table = "Table";
$q = "select * from `".$table."` Where This = 'that'";
$r = mysql_query($q) or die(mysql_error());
if(mysql_num_rows($r) >0)){	
echo "<form action=\"\" method=\"post\"><table>";
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>FIELD NAME</td>";
//Do the same for rest of desired fields
echo "</tr>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($r)){
	echo "<tr>";
	echo "<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"".$row['PRIMARYKEY']."[".$row['FIELDNAME']."]\" value=\"".$row['FIELDNAME']."\" /></td>\n";
	//Do the same for rest of desired fields
	echo "</tr>";
}
echo "<tr><td><input type=\"submit\" value=\"Update\" /></td></tr></table></form>";
}
else{
echo "No Matching Records.";
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.