regarding Sessions in PHP

mandarchalke29

Dear sir,

I have created a chat application using PHP,Javascript and MySQL which is embedded in my web site. I have created a link to go from that website to chat application in the same browser. I have used a window.open to open a new window for chat application which will show you which users are online. Everytime when i click a user in the list a new window gets opened but the session used for both the windows is the same. I have taken that user's id from $user=$_GET['q]; where q is the userid. and stored the value of user in a session called $_SESSION[user_id]=$user; everytime when it opens a new window. The problem is that i need different session for different windows opened. Could anyone please help me. Its very urgent.

Mandar Chalke ::)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.