Coding help-to create my CMS site!

FM 98.5

I am trying to make a page where a person (other than the webmaster, which is me) can post an article on the homepage without using a Website Development program such as Dreamweaver. I am using Web Studio 4 to make these pages, while copying source code I got off the original website. 

I have a login page to get to this updating page. Once you've logged in, this is the page that appears:

http://scma1.com/newsubmit.php

I've looked at tonnes of CMS programs and I don't understand how they are installed, no matter how many times I read the instructions. Most people say they are simple to setup, but I have no idea on how to make databases through PhpMyAdmin.

My question: What code would I need for the index page, after the news has been submitted? I'm really annoyed with myself as I overwrote the original page months ago with the code on that page, and there's no sign of that page on the computer at all.  So, the only thing that's missing is the code for the index page.

So I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this coding. Thankyou very much. I'm not really a coding freak.

Well to install a CMS system to just upload the files to your server and run the .SQL file in your PhpMyAdmin so there's really no need to setup an tables. It does the work for you.

And if you just wanted to code your index page so people could post articles. You would need a dbtable to store the articles and then a form on your main page which adds the article to the database. Then run a couple of queries in your index file to retrieve the articles from the database let me know if you need more help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.