PHP Form Question

NoSalt

Hello All

I have a question about form handling with PHP. Let's say I have a page named "questionnaire.php" and on that page I have a form. The form tag looks something like this:

<form method="POST" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">

Some one submits the form and if it is successful, they go to another page, say "thankYou.php".

Now here is my question. If that person hits the "Back" button in their browser (to go from thankYou.php back to questionnaire.php) they get the standard "you are trying to resubmit the form" warning. Is there any way to avoid this happening? Is there a way to not have the form try to re-submit when you hit the "Back" button?

Thanks everybody for reading  :)

header(); needs to be sent to the browser before any other output. I'm not sure it would help anything, but it's worth a shot.

also, just a quick thing. the action attribute in your form tag could be empty and produce the same results. action will default to the current file so you really don't have to open php and echo PHP_SELF

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.