how do i display a text file as an array?

LuckY07

I have a text file called 'input.txt' that I want to put into an array and display each row. The setup I have now is only

displaying the first letter from each row for some reason.. here is my code: (i want to print the entire row, not just the 1st letter)

$array = file("input.txt");
foreach($array as $row) {
$i = 0;
print "$row[i]";
print "<br/>";
$i++;
}

thanks! that worked.

i wonder why that only showed 1 letter before.. maybe because i was using print with double quotes?

i am going to be using this text file eventually for a 'user comments' box on my website. is displaying dynamic

html from a text file for user comments practical?

interesting. so if i wanted to just print for example, row 2, how would i do that? i guess i dont know how to move the curser to the 2nd line.

basically i have an html page.. and i want to print these names and emails, along with a comment box eventually. I want to post the comments under the right date of a simple 1 page blog. for example)

here is how i want the page to look:

Blog Entry #1

<names for each comment>

<comments from that date>

Blog Entry #2

<names for each comment>

<comments from that date>

what would be the best way to do this? should i create a new text file for each date? or store all the comments/names/email in 1 text?

any help is appreciated. i am basically trying to add a 'comment box' to a simple website. tks.

Thanks.

Do you think that I should be using MySQL for this? Basically I want to create a simple website with blog entries on the main page.

When you click the blog entry it takes you to another page where it displays the entry, and then a form where users can comment.

I then want to display just the name/email/comments that user leave on that page, like the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entry:

<user name/email>

<comments>

<user name2/email>

<comments>

Blog Entry2:

<user name/email>

<comments>

<user name2/email>

<comments>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

any help is greatly appreciated! this is the firt time i'm creating a comments box, and using PHP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.