[SOLVED] Registration Error

Ell20

Hi,

I had a working registration page however I decided that I didn't want the user to be able to login unless the Administrator has accepted.

I added a new field to the users table called validate, this is pre-set as 0 on registration, then once accepted an UPDATE statement is used to change it to 1.

My problem comes when logging in, I have obviously had to adapt my login page to mirror the changes. I have it working in that if validate = 1 they can login and if validate = 0 they cant but I have so far failed in creating a error message to display on screen saying "You were could not be logged in because your account has not yet been accepted"

Here is my code:

/* If username and password entered query database to check they match in database */
if ($u && $p) {
$query = "SELECT user_id, club_id, validate FROM users WHERE username='$u' AND password=PASSWORD('$p') AND validate = '1'";
$result = @mysql_query($query);
$row = mysql_fetch_array ($result, MYSQL_NUM);

/* If they match create session */
if ($row) {

$_SESSION['user_id']=$row[0];
$_SESSION['club_id']=$row[1];

ob_end_clean();

/* Redirect to main.php when logged in */
header ("Location: http://" .$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . "main.php");
exit();
} else {
echo '<p><font color="red" size="+1">The username and password do not match</font></p>';
}

mysql_close();

I really appreciate any help

You need to seperate this

$query = "SELECT user_id, club_id, validate FROM users WHERE username='$u' AND password=PASSWORD('$p') AND validate = '1'";

You are selecting the users that have all three match.  So if my uname and pw are right, but I'm not validating, you are saying my PW is wrong.

Have it select on just the uname/pw first.  After you get that row,then deteremine if validate = 1. 

You should be able to make this work, or see what I'm doing.

<?php
/* If username and password entered query database to check they match in database */
if ($u && $p) {
$query = "SELECT user_id, club_id, validate FROM users WHERE username='$u' AND password=PASSWORD('$p')";// AND validate = '1'";

if ($row) {

$validate=$row[2];

ob_end_clean();
	if ($validate = 1) {
		header ("Location: http://" .$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . "main.php");
		exit();
		}
		else {
		echo "You are not validated yet, please try back later";
		exit;
	}
}
else {
echo '<p><font color="red" size="+1">The username and password do not match</font></p>';
}

mysql_close();
}
?>
[/close]

Thanks for your help.

It works - ish. I get the error message when I try and log in with an account with validate = 0 however if I click the "Back" button in the browser it logs into the account?

Also is there anyway in which I can get the message to display on the login page simular to the way the "The username and password do not match" message does?

Thanks again

See if this helps

<?php
if ($u && $p) {
$query = "SELECT user_id, club_id, validate FROM users WHERE username='$u' AND password=PASSWORD('$p')";// AND validate = '1'";

if ($row) {

$validate=$row[2];

ob_end_clean();
	if ($validate = 1) {
		exit();
		}
		else {
		echo '<p><font color="red" size="+1">You are not validated yet, please try back later</font></p>';
		exit;
	}
}
else {
}

mysql_close();
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.