Auto Installer

forumnz

I want to create an auto installer that I can execute from my server and use to install Joomla (the CMS) on other servers.

What I know so far is:

- I will need the Joomla files on my server (to be copied)

- Other servers will need PHP and MySQL

- Usernames and passwords needed (will have a form)

I do want to have the files on my server because I will be installing custom files (sometimes).

I basically want to create a script to copy the files, and edit the config file to fit the new server usernames, passwords, db's etc.

I don't want to be given the code or anything, but I would like to be pointed in the right direction. How would I copy all those 100's (if not 1000's) of files and edit the config?

I think that is all that needs to be done?

Thanks heaps,

Sam.

You can't 100% do it from your server as you can't upload to it with out a login, best Idea i got would be this

1) User enters their FTP info and server info, desired path etc.

2) You then ftp into their server upload files

3) Then you have a file on their server called autoconfig it unpacks all the sql data and php config etc

4) Delete the unpack file and you are done.

Php can do all this, its just a lot of chug and plug

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.