Scraping from tag id's in php?

sdchakqj10

I have never done this before, am quite new to php, but pick up fast.

I want to, using a php file, load an html page, scrape some content from different tags with certain IDs and load the content into variables in the php file.  Do i need to use javascript for this?  Is there a topic where this has been answered already?  I've searched the forum and found nothing.  Please help.

There are two parts to this. The first it grabbing the content. Hopefully it'll be a simple matter of using the file_get_contents() function. Then, you'll need to be using regular expressions to find your matches. There is a subforum here which might help you.

Otherwise, come back with some sample data that you've managed to grab, and tell us what you're trying to retrieve.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.