Landing Pages with PHP scripts to capture/forward keywords..

Tibster

Ok... I know we have someone here that is HTML savvy and can help me out. I have a landing page that is sent the typically tid info:

http://affiliateID.merchant.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=Great-Converting-Keyword

I have managed to take that word, remove the dashes and capitalization and save different versions in like $kw (original), $bw (no dashes), and $cw (no dashes or capitalized).

It takes that info and sprinkles it thoughout the page, which helps with conversions. However, the links on the landing page are then used to forward the visitor to a second HTML page. (Used to "hide" the obvious affiliate link) THAT page then forwards the visitor to the merchant site.

I'd like to have the original keywords used to arrive at the landing page forwarded through the HTML pages, and then converted to the restricted length so they can be sent to Clickbank for tracking. For example, the keyword above "Great-converting-keyword" would be changed to "GCKey100" before being sent to Clickbank. (I have about 100 keywords that will need to be converted somehow.)

Can somebody send me some detailed instructions, maybe even an actual example of how this can be done? 

I've been digging through PHP scripting, reading/learning how to write the code, and making a go at it myself, but I'm missing something somewhere.  For now, I simply have a default tracking code being sent for every clicked link originating on the landing page.

Can one of you experienced gurus PM or email me an assist?

Thank you freakstyle,

That's what I'm trying to do, but I'd appreciate some assistance in developing the code.

I'm sending a keyword from an Adwords ad to an initial landing page.

The landing page reads it initially as $kw=great-converting-keyword.  Now, I need that same page to convert THAT keyword into an associated 8-digit keyword that can then be forwarded in the page links to a Clickbank link.  I understand I will need to use an array.  If I have say 100 keywords that could posibly be sent, how can I...

1. Fill this array with the appropriate keywords and associated clickbank terms?

2. Do this "offsite" from the original landing page?  Perhaps have the landing page site call another page that only loads the array?

3. then call up the correct clickbank term to be sent with the outgoing link?

If someone could show me an example of this in action, THAT would be great!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.