[SOLVED] Storing and retrieving string of data?

L

Hey,

What I mean is that a mod wants to be a mod of sections 1 and 2 how can I make it so I can retrieve those two and compare it with the forums they're in to see if they can have mod powers or not?

I just need to know how I can store a set of data in the table so I can retrieve it like

1,2(meaning he's a mod of sections 1 and 2)

Thanks

The "right" way to do it is to store one row for each forum that is moderated.  This can be in a separate table indexed by user id, instead of duplicating entire rows from your users table.

But you an also store it as a text string like "1,2", and use implode() to store the data and explode() to read it.  As long as one person doesn't moderate more than 10 or so forums, this method will be quite efficient.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.