FTP connection problem

suju

Hi friends,

I have to create a text file and upload this into another  server specified in php script.But it is not get connecting to the server.I think the problem is with the server where I have written the script.Because when I used the same script in another server it gets connected to the specified server.Could any one tell me what might be reason for this ?

I think in the server from which you are attempting to make a FTP connection,fsockopen and outgoing FTP connections might have been blocked.

Regards

Suju

Firstly why are you using fsock* . You obviously haven't done your research else you would know that PHP provides some nice ftp_* functions for your use. Try google ;)

Incidently the operating system should have nothing to do with it working. You're connecting over a common protocol to a service.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.