Any idea on how to do this??

adrianqx

Hi guys i had a problem with a dating site i was running and their help desk told me to do the following to my db to get rid of the error.

Im not really good at this i have just used phpmyadmin to do the simplest of tasks .can anybody out there tell me how to go about this steps ,im pretty desparate ,when u give the instruction imagine ur giving them to homer ;D so as much detail as possible please

"Do following steps..

a) Export all your tables data.

b) Create a sql file by exporting the table definitions only (i.e.

avoid data export).

c) Edit the sql file and remove coalition for any fields given. Make

one coalition for all tables. (Try utf8)

d) Drop tall tables from the osdate DB

e) Create tables using sql file as modified in step ©.

f) Import data from the exported file of step (a)"

thanks any help is welcome

phpMyAdmin is very easy to use. Do following steps (after you open phpMyAdmin)

First keep backup of your existing DB (export your db with all the data).

And

a) First select your database, you will see your db structure (list of tables in grid view). At the bottom you will see check/uncheck all, click check all (all tables will be highlighted) then click Export. You will see View Dump (schema) of database, confirm all tables are selected, select your export format (SQL), then on the right you will see options (leave it as default) and below you will see Save as File with a checkbox, check it and give a name and click Go. Your table data are saved in that SQL file.

b) Same as step a, but here in View Dump (schema) of database under Options, Uncheck Data, give a separate file name and click go. Here your table structure will be saved.

c) I didn't understand this, but if it is to change the coalition, it can be done later after importing.

d) I think you can do it, after selecting osdate DB, all the tables will be shown from that DB, check all and in With selected (combo box) Select Drop, it will prompt you (Are your sure.... type of thing) click Ok,

Note: There is a Drop with a Cross above too, clicking that will drop your database not your tables.

e) You can import it and modify later through phpMyAdmin, it will be easy I think.

f) I think you are going to Create a New DB, you can do it through phpMyAdmin first page and select the MySQL connection collation: and later import all the tables.

P.S., you can also refer phpMyAdmin documentation..

Hope this helps...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.