Dynamic URL redirector/redirection

lawksalih

Hi PHPyers:  :)

I have a site that used to have a CMS in the backend to manage the content but now the CMS is gone and I have cloned the site on another machine temporarily until we launch a new site with a new CMS. 

The previous CMS generated the URLs and now I want to be able to redirect some of those dynamic URLs (pages) to static URLs (pages) and I’m in need of your assistance.  I googled this issue and I ended up with URL shorteners like tinyURL, or Metarefresh and 303 asp and php redirectors, abviously, this is not what I’m looking for.  I want to be able to redirect something like /index.php?cid= events.industry_calendar to industry_calendar.php. 

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

PS.  I searched this forum before posting and I didn't come across what I was looking for.

Best,

Lawk Salih

You would have to make a page for every .php page you have, use $_GET to get the info, then redirect it with Header, HTML or Java, based on what was typed as the URL.  If you're talking a lot of pages, then it would be pretty tedious via scripts.

This is just a temporary solution until we launch our new website.  Unfortunately, our launch date was pushed back due to development and now we need to make changes to the current site without the CMS.  So now I will need to create static pages in the interim until the new site and CMS kicks.  Did you happened to have a sample code to get the info using $_GET. 

Thanks,

Lawk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.