Simple File Browser

mattyb_53

HI,

Im trying to implement my own file browser and im having issues with security on a windows system. Suppose a User on a domain (win 2003) is not allowed access to a folder. How would I be able to implement similar security in PHP?

I want to be able to list the contents of a folder, but hide the folders and files that a user is not allowed to see.

Is this possible? Ive been googling all day!

Lemme perhaps re-phrase the thing..

A user logs into the application, and their username is the same as their domain controller username.

They can manage the files sitting on the file share, and files and folders have certain permissions. So windows shows/hides, allows/denies access based on windows domain permissions.

Now my app is web based. I want to take the username (used to log in) and list the files in say the root directory. if that user is not allowed read access to a folder in that directory..then hide it.

is there a way to get the windows permissions on a folder? I know Chmod is a little screwy and doesnt work well in windows

Hm, I like PHP as its quick efficient and so forth. But I cant believe there isnt a way of displaying files from a directory based on your Windows Active Directory permissions.

All i need is a way to prevent users from seeing files and folders they wouldnt normally see on a network share.

!! ??? :'(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.