PHP Installation Issues/Errors IE and Firefox

Hello there,

I'd be so happy if anyone could help out with this issue. I've been troubleshooting for hours. Trying to get the latest version of PHP (5.2.5) installed correctly (and working) on the server.

Basically just trying to get the PHP pages working so that the forms will process when submit is hit - form code is correct. It was working fine on an Apache server running PHP4x. But our server is running IIS.

We keep getting various errors. The latest ones are as follows

IE: HTTP 500 - Internal server error

Firefox: PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 011C933A

As I said - these are just the latest errors. We've tried so many different blog and site suggestions on installing it. Any suggestions for solving this issue would be awesome.

Thanks

Based on the error messages, I would guess that the wrong php dll was selected.

Check your web server log for errors (on IIS I believe that would be the Windows event log.)

The best and most up to date installation instructions for PHP is contained in the install.txt file that comes with the php download. A lot of what is written on the web is out of date and based on uneducated and inaccurate assumptions.

Based on the error messages, I would guess that the wrong php dll was selected.

Check your web server log for errors (on IIS I believe that would be the Windows event log.)

The best and most up to date installation instructions for PHP is contained in the install.txt file that comes with the php download. A lot of what is written on the web is out of date and based on uneducated and inaccurate assumptions.

I believe you are correct about the dll being wrong. However, I downloaded the whole file and used the dll that was within the zip - is there somewhere else I can download the correct dll? And how will I know if it's the correct dll? Thanks so much - I am assisting the IT dept on loading the PHP since they haven't done it before - any other guidence would be appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.