login on any page

Boomba

Hi,

I am fairly new to Zend Framework and not that strong of a php programmer but I have been enjoying developing under Zend Framework for the past few weeks and I am currently stuck on a simple problem which i think is strictly php related.

On my website, I have a login form on every page. I have setup zend_auth properly and it works. But when a user logs in I want them to be able to return to the page they were currently on (or even better, never leave the page). what is the proper way to go about doing that?

thank you in advance,

Boomba

I would suggest leaving just the login form on each page and have that post to login.php ( or the login script ).

You could then use $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] to find out what page they came from and send them back there after the login is successful.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.