[SOLVED] Running module between scripts

Rowdy Roy

I have two programs running on the same server in separate directories and MYSQL database. In program B a PHP script (let's call it daily.php) changes presentation every 24 hours.The primary program A site index is accessed as the homepage for the site. I would like for daily.php (from program B) to run on the homepage of program A when the homepage is viewed.

Can someone give me advice? This thing is driving me crazy, have been working on it for two weeks. Thanks.

So when someone comes to your site... you want the daily.php to run.  Your problem is... that its in a different directory?

Or is it that you don't understand how to include at all? (I doubt it... since you've been trying for two weeks)

And do you want daily.php only to run once a day? 

You can include a file over http:  or from basically anywhere on the local filesystem... where php has permissions.

Thanks for the reply. I did not realize I could include with http. The daily.php changes presentation every 24 hours. I want it to run every instance of access to the homepage with the current 24 hr presentation. I understand includes with in the same program but have never tried between programs. Again thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.