basic php question? - echo site url

nezona

I have this piece of code in my header.php ;-

<a href="<? echo SITE_URL; ?>reception/" class="snav" >Reception Areas</a>

Now obviously this points to a page on my site called reception. The only problem is im trying to get ready to be search engine optimized, instead of it pointing to the whole of the url, I just want it point to same site link i.e instead of www.primeofficeenviroments.com/reception. I want it to point to /reception.

Can anyone help?

Neil

Lol. I think i no wat ur talking about but why don't you just get rid of <? echo SITE_URL; ?>?

At the moment ur outputting your a href link as www.website.com/reception however if u just use...

<a href="reception/" class=snav>Reception areas</a>

it'll work fine

use ./reception/ instead.

the ./ means from the current (working) directory (or cwd for short)

NOTE:

./ will work if your url is wwwmysite.com as the browser will read reception/ from wwwmysite.com/reception/

However if your url is this: wwwmysite.com/dir2/

then the browser will read reception/ from wwwmysite.com/dir2/reception/. As dir2/ is the cwd. Instead you should use ./../reception/. The ../ means backup one level in the directory tree.

Hi thanks guys it worked,

apart from....

because it's the header.php file, if I go from the home pages www.primeoe.com and click on the a href is works fine and shows the directory www.primeoe.com/reception. If I then click on desks it tries to find www.primeoe.com/reception/desks.

is there anywhere around this?

kind regards

neil

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.