Date on localhost

thefollower

If users access my site via my local host ip address...

Will $Date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s",time()); be decided from their computer machine or my own. Because I use $Date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s",time()); to make an account wait a certain time for punishments on multi accounts.

How ever when i change my machine clock it changes the waiting time.. is it because I am acting as the server or does $Date = date("Y-m-d H:i:s",time()); just go by current user's machine clock ?

All time zones are based off of UTC or GMT, so it would't be any more accurate than using any other time zone.  All they do is add or subtract from it to get their time.

You can make sure using the date_default_timezone_set(); function for me I always use date_default_timezone_set('UTC'); because it is the most accurate time zone in the entire world. Thats why pilots use it. Its also called Zulu Time In Pilot Terms.

UTC is the most accurate because it is the default timezone of the world. Most people know how to translate this into thier timezone. If you dont believe me ask why Engineers use this as thier defualt, Pilots, Ship Catain as ect for any contenental, regional, or intercontenental transport they all use UTC as thier date

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.