HELP - problem with host's php install/config?

MiloZ69

I need help with trying to figure out why a page on our site won't work. It certainly has something to do with the PHP installation on the hosting site, but I am very new to PH and have no idea what might be configured differently. I didn't built the site, and the page did work at one point, but doesn't now.

The offending page is the Contact Us page found here: http://www.mtsurroundsound.com/ clicking on the Contact us link comes up w/a blank page. But, the page works fine on another server. I posted the entire site to my server here - http://www.robbinsonline.us/mtsurround/index.php?page=contactUs - and the page works fine.

There are phpinfo.php files in the root of both sites to help figure it out - I just don't really know what tot look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was facing a similar problem dude. In your php.ini, try setting register_globals to off, as i observed through your phpinfo.php.

Ch33rs!

Thanks nitation.  problem is, i don't think i have access to the php.ini file to change that. I'll try to contact the hosting company to see if they'll change it for me, but otherwise any ideas on another solution? (other than re-doing the whole site  :-\ )

I don't know enough about PHP or the code to know what to post. I'd probably have to end up posting the entire site  :) I contacted the hosting company about the php.ini file and they're supposedly looking into it... but i doubt that would go far.

Thanks for the help

Blank pages are usually caused by fatal parse or runtime errors.

Check your web server log for errors or turn on full php error reporting in php.ini, a .htaccess file, or a local php.ini file (whichever method is available to you.) Turning on full php error reporting in your script won't help find fatal parse errors because the lines of code to turn on error reporting never run.

Because this is apparently due to configuration difference between servers, it is most likely due to short open tags (they should never be used anyway) or something like register globals (no code written after 2002 should have relied on register globals and all code that does rely on register globals will stop working in php6.)

An error message from your log will help pin down where in the code the problem lies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.