PHP script - advice - how difficult ?

florida_guy99

Hi Everyone,  :)

I am not a programmer, I actually have very little experience with PHP, but I have a question. I am willing to learn, but I'd like to know how difficult it would be to write a code that would do the following:

A real estate website.

First, I'd like to have a page password protected that will allow me and other agents to input information (size, type, locations, photos, flyers, siteplans, etc) about a certain property, that info gets sent into a database.

From the main page on the website, guests can do any of the following:

SEE ALL PROPERTIES - a page is generated with all properties that are on the database, they can click on the name of each property and be sent to a property detail page.

OR I'd liek to have a search engine where they will choose what kind of property they are looking for, they can search for instance, only commercial properties, or only properties in Orlando, FL, etc..

Would that be too difficult to make ?

Where should I begin ?

I found some scripts online but they are more for people wanting to create a commercial website to allow others to register and pay to place listings, which is not the case here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not too difficult, but if you don't know much PHP or mySQL then it will be a challenge.  You may want to start a bit smaller, and develop the easy parts first then let it grow as your skills increase.  Start with a basic user authentication system and learn how to interface with the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.