Simple Reservation System in 4 days

jwwceo

I have  a client who needs me to build him a simple reservation system in 4 days. It has to go live on Monday. The site is pretty basic, but because there is short time, I want to just lay down my overall idea code wise and see if anyone sees any major problems or has any feedback. The site needs users to be able to choose from about 10 different vacation packages. They need to be able to enter their user information when they register and then login later to see their account and reservation details. Here are the tables I plan to use:

1. User Table ( name, email, phone, address, etc)

2. Vacation Package Table ( title, description, # of slots, dates, price, etc)

3. Reservations. (This will include a user_id and a Package_id as well as some details about the reservation such as the day it was made etc.

I need to tie the order into Authorize.net ( which I have never done before-please tips!!!) and also create 2 admin sections. One for the users to login and see their reservations and one for the administrators to add excursions and review excursion data.

The reservation system needs to check if there are enough slots left to facilitate the reservation and if there is no room, recommend a different package,

I am not sure if I should use sessions or cookies for the user sessions. For the admin back end I was just going to use htaccess to make it secure.

Any tips so that I do not waste time would be awesome. This is a big client and theres no room for mistakes.

JW

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.