[SOLVED] Xampp php.ini

garydt

I change the php.ini file for the xampp testing server  to get email working but the phpinfo remains the same. it says the php.ini is in xampp/apache/bin and i change that but nothing happens. I've ended up changing every php.ini file in xampp directory and still nothing changes. Please help.

The actual value works for me, so there is not a syntax error with it that is preventing php from using the value.

That means either the php.ini that you are changing is not the one that php is using, or there is another line in the php.ini that is overriding the value, or you have a .htaccess file that is overriding the value (or a local php.ini that is overriding the value.) For the last two cases, the "Master Value" in the phpinfo() output would be from the main php.ini and the "Local Value" in the phpinfo() output would be from a .htaccess (or local php.ini) and there would be different values.

So, there 99.5% chance that the php.ini that you are changing is not the one that php is loading.

Post the two lines from the phpinfo() output that show -

Configuration File (php.ini) Path

Loaded Configuration File 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.