Secure php coding?

xiao

I can help a bit.

For a lot of things, use double quotes, insted of single. Well, its hard to explain when to use double or single, read up on it.

Also, use

<br />

insted of

<br>

Use <?PHP insted of <? or <?php

And check for a lot of possible things. My friend has everything, literally EVERYTHING secure on his site. the battle's 7000+ lines long. Even macros are unusable.

I can help a bit.

For a lot of things, use double quotes, insted of single. Well, its hard to explain when to use double or single, read up on it.

Also, use

<br />

insted of

<br>

And check for a lot of possible things. My friend has everything, literally EVERYTHING secure on his site. the battle's 7000+ lines long. Even macros are unusable.

What its not more security safe using <?php <?PHP or <? they all do the same thuing. as far a <br> and <br /> They do the exact same except <br> is for Html While <br /> is for Xhtml.

I can help a bit.

Also, use

<br />

insted of

<br>

I'm not a PHP-guru, but can someone maybe explain how that are security leaks?

I thought

<br>

was just old HTML and

<br/>

was XHTML

ok, already thought so.

Another small question.

In one of the links posted above, it states that I should always use

error_reporting(E_ALL);

I assume that while developping.

Would it help if I disable error reporting when running my site online (if that's possible), or report as few errors as possible?

Yes report errors during development but when the site is actually in use turn off error reporting. A good way to display user-friendly errors is using the try/catch block.

ex:

<?php
try{
$number = 1;
if($number != 2){
throw new Exception("Not the right number");
}else{
echo $number;
}
}catch(Exception $e){
echo $e->getMessage();
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.