How can i call PHP functions using events ?

jd2007

You can try this:

<form> //include necessary elements in form tag
<input type="button" name="execute_function" value="Click" />
</form>

And then on whatever page you are executing the code on, include this:

<?php
    if(isset($_POST['execute_function'])) {
        click();
    }
?>

However, depending on what you are trying to do, a javascript function may serve you better. What is it that you want to do?

thanks for the reply, although it wasn't my question. i was wondering if i could push this a little further? how does one get a function to run a after a specific time frame has expired for example a slide show that reloads a new picture after 6 seconds?

It cant be done without javascript. PHP runs entirely on the server, whereas a slideshow etc runs on the client. The server can't know what is happening on the client without either the user either clicking a link or pushing a button in order to send data to the server, or javascript executing some event that sends data to the server.

Although I wonder if you maybe posted in the wrong thread? You arent the OP of this thread.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.