catalogue issue

thmar

hey anyone help me with this plx.

i'm doing a catalogue application loaning application. Supposingly, when i click on "Submit" button to submit my loan request, it will store the pending loan request in mySQL databse with a tablewith the following attributes:

table name : loan_request

table columns : "loan_no" (primary key), "grp_no" , "grp_name" , "loan_items" , "loan_quantity" , "loan_date";

I realise that this is not a working table structure because if i'm to have multiple items of different quantities, there will be a repeat of rows to be entered to database which is wrong. I cant come up with a normalised tables with these few columns, any suggestion??

Secondly, my another question is let say in my database, i got many loan request from many groups(grp) and are coming in at anytime of the day a new request comes in, how can i make it such that i got a link in my application let say "View loan request" link, i click on it and will automatically show me all the new loan request from the different groups??

thanks a million for any advice given because my dateline for this aplication is round the corner, in fact 4weeks from now, making me panic

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.