php and distributed systems

jimath

You can distribute any code that you authored any way you like. You can give it away, charge for it, make it shareware, whatever. If you borrow code (no matter how small) that an author previously had a particular GPL license assigned to, then your script generally inherits that same GPL license. This type of discussion can flame up very quickly, so I'll leave it at that basic component.

If your questions is, does PHP or MySQL hold any license over your original application, the answer is NO. You are free to do with your work whatever you wish.

PhREEEk

Php_PhReek that isn't what they are talking about they are talking about a system similar to novells distrbitued software in which a single copy exist on a central location and remote users access it via a socket connection or some type of system.  You could do this in php/mysql however if the software is large and the number of users is large mysql might be slow.

yes that i mean. i wonder what characteristics of php can be used

to implement such a system.

do you know any tutorials  that can be helped me

with the implementation of a distributed system with php?

the users and the requirements are few in my exercise.

thank you!

yes that i mean. i wonder what characteristics of php can be used

to implement such a system.

do you know any tutorials  that can  help me

with the implementation of a distributed system with php?

the users and the requirements are few in my exercise.

thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.