Shared hosting recommendations for custom modules/extensions

future_man

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a good, cheap, shared server that supports user's custom PHP modules/extensions.

I have a custom PHP module that I can compile for whatever version of PHP the server is running and upload it preferably to a local dir on my account and point to it in the extension_dir path in a custom php.ini.

I was pretty close to getting this to work on one of the more popular shared hosts, but the version of PHP there was compiled with shared extensions and I couldn't get the extension_dir to look in both places (I don't think this is possible?).

Since they wouldn't move my custom module into the shared dir, I was SOL. I also tried copying the shared modules into my local dir with the custom module, but that caused other problems.

Any recommendations? The person who wrote the custom module said that he has it running on a shared server and the extension_dir set to './' in the php.ini.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.