[SOLVED] Mysql error: access denied for user...

xiao

Edit:

SOLVED

- My problem was that I used mysql_clode() in the details.php page. That was a retarded thing to do  :-[

I know there's a special section for mysql problems, but I think this is PHP related and doesn't have much to do with my mysql.

I get this error sometimes:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\jobs\login.php on line 12

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\jobs\login.php on line 12

On line 12, I just run $result = mysql_query("SELECT y FROM tabel WHERE x = '$x'");

I include my login.php in my header. And the login form is in my (included) navigation bar.

In my header I also include my database connection, so I don't understand why it tries to login as 'ODBC'@'localhost' without a password.

The database connection works fine for the rest of the website.

If it helps, I used this login script: link

Edit:

I found out that I get this error only on 1 page: details.php

But I use the same structure on every page...

<?php
include("header.php");

//CONTENT

include("nav.php");
include("right.php");
include("footer.php");
?>

Are there some common reasons for this to occure?

The error message means that there was no valid connection to a mysql server when the mysql_query() statement was executed.

I would guess that your mysql_connect() function call is failing, your code has no error checking, error reporting, and error recovery logic in it and it blindly continued execution and attempted to do a mysql_query() even though the mysql_connect() failed.

You would need to post your code to get any specific help with it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.