Disabling and enabling users

taz321

Hi there, i am creating a help desk system using PHP, MySQL and i have an admin part of the system which adds, deletes and updates users to the system.

But instead of deleting the users i want to be able to disable them and then re-enable them instead of deleting as i would lose their details and would have to add the users again. This i feel would save me time.

This is the delete script.

<?php

require "connect.php";

$employeeID = $_GET['employeeID'];

$query =  "delete from employee where employeeID = ".$employeeID;

$result = mysql_query($query, $connection)

or die ("Unable to perform query<br>$query");

header("Location: displayEmployeeAdmin.php");

exit();

?>

And this is the script which reads the above when i delete a user.

<td width="130"><div align="center" class="style7"><a href="EditUserForm.php?employeeID=<?php echo $row['employeeID'];?>"><?php echo $row['firstname'];?></div></td>

<td width="130"><div align="center" class="style7"><?php echo $row['surname'];?></div></td>

<td width="130"><div align="center" class="style7"><?php echo $row['username'];?></div></td>

<td width="130"><div align="center" class="style7"><?php echo $row['password'];?></div></td>

<td><a href="deleteUser.php?employeeID=<?php echo $row['employeeID'];?>">[delete]</a></td>

The actual deleting of the user is on the last line of the above script.

Can anyone help me with the disable and re-able code ?

Any Help be appreciated.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.