[SOLVED] Various Questions (time, forms, searching, e-mailing list,)

czukoman20

I have 4 questions for all of you guys.

1. How ... where.. ect.. would i get a database that holds the time and date so i can store it at any given point.

2. In a form how can i make it so that when the user hits the return/enter key, when typing, store that information as it is typed with the different designated enters and so on for example

I have a form right now that is just a simple text field

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="<?php $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>">
  <p>
    <textarea name="textarea" id="textarea" cols="45" rows="5">This is the default text..... change it and hit submit</textarea>
</p>
  <p>
    <input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" />
</p>
</form>

If i were to type " i like to eat bagels. "  it will store " i like to eat bagels." in the database....

If i were to type "I like to eat things like

bagels

muffins

and corn"  It will store "I like to eat things like"

3. For searching.. how would i be able to pick a simple group of people with the SELECT function

My table is users and the subarea that i want to search is anything in the type_market area that = the search entry.

Other method i want to use is searching for everything in that subarea.

4. How could i setup a mailer that e-mails anyone in the database that wants to be part of an e-mailing list.

My table is users and the subarea is mailinglist and 1 is true 0 is false.

help is greatly appreciated. if im unclear please tell me

Sorry, but really... the only unclear thing is how much you are willing to pay a dev, and when you intend to post this on the freelance board. That's a TON of things that you don't have any clue on how to do, and all we're going to end up doing is writing the script for you one line at a time over about 80 replies.

PhREEEk

well the only real thing im unable to find myself is the time database? how would i set that up or is there a place that i can look for. thats all im asking. im not asking for you guys to write the code for me. Im asking as to where to find out how to write this stuff. No matter what i do i can never word my google searches good enough to find what i need. Thanks tho i am very sorry that i sounded like i was being pushy or like WRITE MY DAMN CODE FOR ME. But that was not my intention.

Thanks

you will have to create a database for your times... if you want timestamps for say when a user logs in, create a hidden field in the login form, and submit to a "time database" the timestamp that is returned at that time.  You could also add what user etc...

Can you explain more of what you need this time database to do or keep track of, maybe we can help if we have more info or code to work from.

I need it to keep the time of day, and the date. Its for when a user submits a form tot he other user. It will track the username and the time and date.

I already have a timestamp in my database. but its all jibberish for me to read like 11133401.

I also already have it recording the username.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.