Risize After Upload

Yves

I'm using a script to let people upload 1 or 2 pictures. (an upload form) The script works fine. But I actually want this script to resize the images IF they are widther then 800px. (resize to 800px width)

Here's the script in a notepad document: http://users.skynet.be/yvoman/stuff/notes.txt

What should I add to make it work that way? Thanks.

Eventhough there are search functions present at many forums, they do not always give you enough awnsers to help you accomplish what you need. In this case, searching the search functions doesn't help out one bit. Not any wiser, not any closer to my goal. Maybe looking for another upload form/script is a better approach then asking 2 talended php freaks, always ready to annoy - I guess I'm saying thanks.

I won't be getting any help here anyway - so I might as well slip up  :D

An overwhelming number of people get all the help they need here. Trying to downplay the excellent advice available on these forums only makes you look bad...

Image manipulation in PHP has come a long way, and as such, there are many options that you, the coder, have to decide on. While I know it's a PITA to read through droves of search results, I can guarantee you that your situation is not unique and has been answered many times before. If you are a capable coder (and you NEED to be if you are doing image manipulations), then you will be able to piece together the little bits found through searching to come up with your unique solution. In that regard, I highly disagree with your perception that "Even though there are search functions present at many forums, they do not always give you enough answers to help you accomplish what you need". What would be more accurate is that there doesn't exist a complete tutorial for each individual coder's exact need, but there is certainly enough information for you to work with...

Anyways, my comment wasn't directed at you, per se... it was a sarcastic reflection of how it generally goes on a majority of HELP type forums. Had you searched and pieced together some code that was throwing an error or whatever, we would most likely be willing to contribute actual code. If it is apparent you made no real attempt to do anything other than to 'want' a particular feature added to your already working script, then you'll most likely be directed to other posts, tutorials, or whatever.

I cannot impart on you the value of searching and discovering. I have lost count how many times I've been lost in search results, ran across something almost totally unrelated to my search, and learned from it anyways. Searching, reading, testing code is only thing that will ever make you any wiser, or get you any closer to your goal.

PhREEEk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.