image slide show

janim

hi guys

how you doing ?

i wondering if you have facebook account

you will see others images

by clicking on the image you will be redirect into the next one !

i have images table like this :

id  user 

1    3   

2    2   

3    3   

4    2   

5    8   

6    3

7    2

if you noticed the id  row is the image id and the (user row) is the user id from another table

if i have select statement like this  select * form table where user='$curent_user' and id = '$curent_img'

how can i make something like facebook slide show ?

that means when i click the image it redirect me to the next image for the same user

thank you for any little suggestion 

Assuming you pass along the the ID of the current image and the user's ID in the URL, something like this would probably be the easiest way:

<?php
$user_id  = $_GET['user_id'];
$pic_id = $_GET['pic_id'];
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `yourtable` WHERE `user` = $user_id AND $id > $pic_id ORDER BY $pic_id LIMIT 1";//select the next picture with an ID greater than the current one
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());
$num = mysql_num_rows($result);
if($num == 0){//if none exist - e.g. this is the last image in the table, select the first image
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `yourtable` WHERE `user` = $user_id ORDER BY $pic_id LIMIT 1";
$result = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());	
}
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql);
//echo out the details you need
?>

Obviously you'll need to change it a bit to work with what you have so far, but hopefully that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.