[SOLVED] Trouble Restoring Apache after crash

Conjurer

My hard disk crashed and burned... ::)

So new hard drive - trying to restore my Apache2 program files.  I copied everything over - I can see the Apache Monitor and load that but I don't get the option to start Apache.  Isn't there a config file that was out in the windows directory that I will need to also copy?

Anyone know what file it is? 

My hard disk crashed and burned... ::)

So new hard drive - trying to restore my Apache2 program files.  I copied everything over - I can see the Apache Monitor and load that but I don't get the option to start Apache.  Isn't there a config file that was out in the windows directory that I will need to also copy?

Anyone know what file it is? 

Why don't you just re-install Apache from their Web site? Much easier

wouldn't you think?

Because Apache is a service, you cannot just copy files to restore it. It places entries into the Windows registry.

The configuration file is named httpd.conf. It can be copied back to restore settings, but the default location for it is in the "conf" folder within the apache installation folders. For a default installation of Apache this should be something like - C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.