Errcode 17 on my wordpress blog

eon1713

Hi,

As of late I have been getting the following error:

Database error: Can't create/write to file '#sql_128c_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)

This seems to happen everytime I get about 200 or so hits within a minute.  I found that renaming the tmp file gets the site back up and normal but only for a short period of time.  From the error it seems to me that it can't overwrite the file because it is already there.  Perhaps I have set the permissions wrong on that tmp folder?

Mysql : MySql Server 5.0

Thank you for your time.

My best guess is something is blocking the file from being written to.  Check the permissions on the folder to make sure they are read/write and if they are find out what applications are running on the server that could be blocking access for writing to the file.

If you runnin through a hosted server call support and work with them in clearing temp files on the server.

Thank you for the reply.  I did a test with everyone full control set.  That did not help.  It is a dedicated server, so I do all of the administration on it.  If I delete that temp file it creates or rename it, everything works fine again, but after a short period of time the same error occurs. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.