ohdang888

i use a query to get the info of game_file_url

now i want to but it in an include

<?php
$gamefile = stripslashes($row['game_file_url']); 
include("$gamefile");
?>

but i am getting this error from it:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\game.php on line 23

<?php
function sql_quote($data) {
  if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
  $data = stripslashes($data);
  }

return addslashes($data);
}

$game = sql_quote($_GET['title']);

mysql_connect("localhost", "---", "-----") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("games") or die(mysql_error());

$result = mysql_query("SELECT `author`,`title`,`author_url`,`type`,`flash`,`game_picture_url`,`game_file_name`,`instructions` FROM `game` WHERE `title`='{$game}'") or die(mysql_error());  
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
?>
<!--------------------------------- END - QUERY TO GET GT GAME INFO-------------------------->
<?php
include("$gamefile");
?>

no. wildteen88 was right.

however, when i call the gamefile, and the gamefile comes, i am getting this error from it....

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=19) state=1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\gamefile\1starship.swf on line 45

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\xampp\htdocs\gamefile\1starship.swf on line 45

this was my code

<?php
include("gamefile/$gamefile");
?>

the game file is stored in a different folder, and its giving me that error when i get it.(the game of this game is "1starship"). HOWEVER, if that file is lcoated in the same folder as the page its going to, then it doesn;t give me that error? why is that?

Is that swf file a flash object? If so you shouldn't be using include in that mannor. You only use include on files which only contain PHP code. You don't use it to include images/objects into your page. If you want to include an flash object (swf file) into your web page you'll need to use the relevant html code for that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.