[SOLVED] Linking With External Website - Regex

e1seix

Complete regex novice here, but know can rely on your help.

I have an affiliate website stocking products through external website. As you can imagine the prices change a lot and it's hard to keep updating mySQL, so my idea is to use regex to automatically update.

I have a basic premise and I need some help:

The page I need to scan for info is - http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=3978

The tags I need to lift the info from within this page are - <div class='productOurPrice'>Our Price £22.54</div>

From here I need to just seperate the 22.54 part.

I can figure out the updating part etc, but I need help with the regex code/function/instruction initially. Can anyone help me get this far?

many thanks and happy new year  :P

There is all kinds of ways to do it, you could just use a simple regex. Here some code I had lying around...

<?php

$url = 'http://www.cheapsmells.com/viewProduct.php?id=';

$item = '3978';

$parts = array ( array ( '<div class=\'productOriginalPrice\'>', '</div>' ), array ( '<div class=\'productOurPrice\'>', '</div>' ) );

$out = array ( 'original' => '', 'current' => '' );

if ( false !== ( $page = file_get_contents ( $url . $item ) ) )
{
foreach ( $parts AS $name => $value )
{
	if ( false !== ( $s = stripos ( $page, $value[0] ) ) )
	{
		$page = substr ( $page, $s + strlen ( $value[0] ) );

$out[($name == 0 ? 'original' : 'current' )] = preg_replace ( '/(.+?)(\d+\.\d+)(.+?)?/is', '\\2', substr ( $page, 0, strpos ( $page, $value[1] ) ) );
	}
}
}

print_r ( $out );			

?>

man, that is SOOO good! thank you, thank you. is there a simpler way of literally printing off the current price of

"22.54" instead of

"Array ( [current] => 22.54 [original] => 36.00 )"

as i need to grab this "22.54" as a defined variable and update the mysql data accordingly

I have one last question...

This is great and works wonderfully especially with my php code

$qry = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM fragrances WHERE fragrances.avail='true' AND fragrances.sku=$sku UNION SELECT * FROM skincare WHERE skincare.avail='true' AND skincare.sku=$sku UNION SELECT * FROM shaving WHERE shaving.avail='true' AND shaving.sku=$sku UNION SELECT * FROM bodycare WHERE bodycare.avail='true' AND bodycare.sku=$sku UNION SELECT * FROM haircare WHERE haircare.avail='true' AND haircare.sku=$sku UNION SELECT * FROM suncare WHERE suncare.avail='true' AND suncare.sku=$sku")or
die(mysql_error());  

echo "<table>";

$i=0;
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($qry))
{

$original=$row['pound'];

$url = $row[buy_link];

$parts = array ( array ( '<div class=\'productOurPrice\'>', '</div>') );

$out = array ( 'current' => '' );

if ( false !== ( $page = file_get_contents ( $url ) ) )
{
foreach ( $parts AS $name => $value )
{
	if ( false !== ( $s = stripos ( $page, $value[0] ) ) )
	{
		$page = substr ( $page, $s + strlen ( $value[0] ) );

$out = preg_replace ( '/(.+?)(\d+\.\d+)(.+?)?/is', '\\2', substr ( $page, 0, strpos ( $page, $value[1] ) ) );
	}
}
}

mysql_query("UPDATE fragrances SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");
mysql_query("UPDATE skincare SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");
mysql_query("UPDATE shaving SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");
mysql_query("UPDATE bodycare SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");
mysql_query("UPDATE haircare SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");
mysql_query("UPDATE suncare SET pound='$out' WHERE sku='$sku'");

However the parameters in this case only relate to one of my affiliate sites and it defaults anything that doesn't match back to 0.00. I have tried to put an if statement around this but it doesn't make a difference.

Similarly I also had code:

mysql_query("UPDATE fragrances SET avail='NULL' WHERE sku='$sku'"); ...etc

which removes anything that doesn't fit within the parameters (ie. out of stock or not displayed) so that it removes it from my database, but I can't seem to place this or implement it properly either.

This is causing all sorts of problems for me. Has anyone any suggestions? Is this a common fault or is there just a problem with my structure and method?

I hope I'm explaining this correctly...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.